Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Family Name code ~ Game

A randomly nice picture

Guess the names of the families in Period Drama's I am referring to! 10 points will be given for each right answer and a total of 100 points can be won!

An example:
#0
parents: M.B, Ms B
children: J, E, M, K, L

Answer:
(Mr Bennet, Mrs Bennet, Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty, Lydia) (Oh bother, now I can't use this one in the game :)
The Bennet family. You don't have to write down all the names, just the name of the family is sufficient.
Do you understand?
Let's start! (I hope this won't be too hard!)

Second randomly nice picture...


#1
parents: M.B, Ms B
children: J, M
 
#2
parents: M. vT, Ms vT
children: L, F, L, K, B, M, G
 
#3
parents: M. oH, Ms oH
children: S, S, C
 
#4
parents: M. Cr, Ms Cr
children: M, E, S

#5
parents: M. H (his wife is dead)
children: S, L, H, W
(hint: the youngest dies in the movie)

#6
parents: M. D (dies), Ms D
children: E, M, M

#7
parents: M. W (his wife is dead)
children: I, E

#8
parents: M. W, Ms W
children: J.b, J, M.E, B, E, J.B, E
(some have double names)

#9
parents: M. I, Ms I
children: M, L, C, G
(in the movie they also adopted three more children, but I did not add them)

#10
parents: M. M, Ms M
children: M, J, B, A
(hint: the three oldest have their names shortened.)


I hope this wasn't too hard! Answers will be coming next week.

3 comments:

  1. Okaaayyyy, this looks tricky, but of course I will give it a try. Good idea, Daisy. :-)

    #1 Umm.....maybe it will come to me later.
    #2 The Von Trapp family: Mr. Von Trapp, Ms. Von Trapp, and the only children's names I remember are Liesel and Greta.
    #3 The O'Hara family: Mr. and Mrs. O'Hara, Scarlett, Suellen, and Careen.
    #4 The Crawley family: Lord Grantham, Lady Grantham (not Mr. and Mrs. Crawley-- that would be a degradation, dear), Mary, Edith, and Sybil.
    #5 I don't know this one either.
    #6 Or this one! Waaahhh!
    #7 The Woodhouse family: Mr. Woodhouse, Isabella, and Emma
    #8 The WALTON FAMILY!!!! (I always get excited when I see them in your games. :-P) Mr. and Mrs. Walton, John-boy, Mary Ellen (she's older than Jason), Jason, Ben, Erin (you forgot her!), Jim-Bob, and Elizabeth
    #9 The Ingalls family: Mr. and Mrs. Ingalls, Mary, Laura, Carrie, and Grace
    #10 And....I can't think of this one either. I might be back if I think of it. :-P

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3- The o'Haras? (is that how you capitalize their name?)
    4- The Crawleys!
    6- The Dashwoods.
    7- The Woodhouses.
    8- The Waltons!
    9- The Ingalls. We joke with our cousins about how they just keep adopting children when theirs grow up. Hehe.
    10- The March family.
    Thank you! Bye the way I love that signature. What movie is the picture from?
    ~Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! What a delightful quiz!It certainly had me thinking!

    Here are my answers:
    #1. The Sound of Music
    Parents: Mr and Mrs Banks
    Children: Jane and Micheal
    #2. The Sound of Music
    Parents: Mr (Captain) and Mrs (Maria) Von Trapp
    Children: Leisel, Frederick, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta, and Gretel
    #3. Gone With the Wind
    Parents: Mr and Mrs O'Hara
    Children: Scarlet, Suellen, and Carreen
    #4. Downton Abbey
    Parents: Mr and Mrs Crawley (although that does feel awfully improper, I always feel as though I should be calling them Lord and Lady Grantham!)
    Children: Mary, Edith, and Sybil (Poor Sybil...)
    #5. Has quite baffled me.
    #6. Sense and Sensibility
    Parents: Mr and Mrs Dashwood
    Children: Elinor, Marianne, and Margaret
    #7. Emma
    Parents: Mr Woodhouse
    Children: Isabella and Emma
    #8. I am afraid I simply cannot think what the answer could be!
    #9. Little House on the Prairie
    Parents: Mr and Mrs Ingalls (Ma and Pa)
    Children: Mary, Laura, Carrie, and Grace
    #10 Little Women
    Parents: Mr and Mrs March
    Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy

    Thank you for writing this charming quiz!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.