Friday, 15 January 2016

Period Drama Multiple Choice Game #3

A GAME AGAIN!!!


I love Multiple Choice Games and we all love Period Dramas, so here's the third Period Drama Multiple Choice Game on this blog! The rules are so simple I shouldn't even bother explaining, but I will, just in case one of my readers is younger than three years old. Guess the correct answers, comment them, and wait for next week to see the answers revealed! (Got that? Got it? I know it was complicated, kind of.)

One thing I would like to remind you of, please only select one answer. Not, "Maybe a. Or no, maybe b. I don't know." Just guess one. Thaaaanks.


1. In this picture here, what are Matthew and Mary laughing about?
a) Lady Grantham insulted Isobel Crawley and really, it was hilarious beyond measure.
b) Sir Anthony had a mouthful of salt and made a scene about it.
c) Edith Crawley stumbled over her words and made an awkward scene.
d) Thomas accidentally dropped sauce on Robert Crawley's lap.

2. In 'Amazing Grace', what animal is Barbara (Spooner) Wilberforce holding at her wedding?
a) A chicken.
b) A baby elephant painted blue and green. (No, really.)
c) A cat.
d) A rabbit.


3. In 'Lark Rise to Candleford', which of the following is NOT mentioned as one of Dorcas Lane's 'one weaknesses'? (mark the not.)
a) Food
b) Love letters
c) Tea in the garden
d) Cashmere

4. Which of the following ladies had a pink wedding dress?
a) Cosette, Les Miserables 2012
b) Anne Shirley, The Continuing Story
c) Emma Woodhouse, Emma 1996
d) Mary Ingalls, Little House on the Prairie


5. In 'Saving Mr Banks', what colour was Pamela Travers set against having in the movie?
a) Blue
b) Yellow, because it reminded her of the Australian sunshine.
c) White
d) Red

6. In which of the follow Period Drama did the actor Peter Wight (click here for a picture) NOT act in? (Mark the not. :-P)
a) Emma 2009
b) Pride and Prejudice 2005
c) Lark Rise to Candleford
d) Our Zoo


7. At Daisy and William's wedding (picture above), what did Lady Grantham say that she had?
a) An inner romantic.
b) A cold.
c) A tear in her eye.
d) She didn't say anything. One doesn't TALK while there's a marriage going on on a deathbed.

8. In 'Horatio Hornblower,' what does Maria (who's Horatio's wife) give to Horatio before he leaves?
a) A scarf.
b) Chocolate.
c) Gloves
d) The news that she's pregnant.


9. In 'Loorna Doone', how does Carver die?
a) He sinks in a mud puddle and doesn't really seem to care about it.
b) He commits suicide by jumping from a cliff.
c) He commits suicide by drowning himself. (We always skip the scene.)
d) He ends in prison. Same as dead, that.

10. In Cinderella (2015), what does the Stepmother wear to the ball?
a) A dark blue dress, silk and diamond-y.
b) A green dress with gold gloves and feathers in her hair.
c) A dark green dress with a striking red collar and long green gloves.
d) A deep purple-and-black dress that shimmers all evil-like.


Answers coming next week!
I hope it was fun. :-) Duh.

15 comments:

  1. Ooooooh, a game! We like games! :)
    1 - b) Sir Anthony had a mouthful of salt and made a scene about it.
    2 - d) A rabbit
    3 - d) Cashmere
    4 - d) Mary Ingalls, Little House on the Prairie (guessing)
    5 - d) Red (And how glad we are that Walt won that battle! Can you imagine a Mary Poppins wearing a white dress without red accents on their Jolly Holiday outing?! Or Bert's outfit, for that matter!)
    6 - b) Pride and Prejudice 2005 (guessing)
    7 - b) A cold. (*sniff, sniff* Poor William!)
    8 - c) Gloves
    9 - b) He commits suicide by jumping from a cliff. (guessing)
    10 - b) A green dress with gold gloves and feathers in her hair. (kind of guessing. :) I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen photos, and I think she was wearing a vintage-y green number.)
    Thanks for the game, Naomi! :) By the way, I was looking back at some of the Jane Austen week stuff and saw you commented your personality type. I got the same results when I took the test a while ago! Weird, but cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I would play it, but I know so few of the answers. I do however know these:

    2. d
    4. a
    6. a
    10. b

    ReplyDelete
  3. A game! Yaysies!

    Okay. Here we go.
    1. No idea. Never seen Downton Abbey. ;-)
    2. D
    3. B
    4. D
    5. D
    6. A
    7. No idea . . . see #1.
    8. I don't know that either.
    9. A
    10. B

    Thanks, Naomi--that was fun!! I love Period Drama games :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit that I literally (LITERALLY I TELL YOU) melted into a sixteen-year-old-girl emotional puddle at the sight of Horatio and Mr. Bush. Whew. Now that I've got that confession out of the way, I can play your delightful game.

    #1 b
    #2 d
    #4 d
    #5 d
    #6 a
    #7 b
    #8 c (I love that you've got HH in your games now :-))
    #9 I have no idea, but I like A best, so I'm going to go with that one.

    Did I get them right? Did I???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaay!!! A game! I love games :) Oh yes, those rules are just SOOOOO HARD to figure out :P

    1. I don't watch Downton, but I'm going with (d.)
    2. (d.)
    3. (b.)
    4. (d.)
    5. (b.)
    6. (b.)
    7. (c.) I guessing she talked. At the deathbed.
    8. (d.)
    9. (c.)
    10. (b.)

    That was so fun!! I can't wait to see the answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's terrible how few of these I know, but I'll try anyways, just in case. :)


    1. b(I loved that scene too much!!)

    2. d(just a guess)

    6. b(another semi-guess)

    7. a???

    10. b

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. a... no maybe c... well, maybe a...
    :P
    I'm kidding. (I know what you mean though. ;D)
    I'll go with d. 25% chance. :P

    2. D

    3. B (I've kept track of her weaknesses! ;))

    4. Process of elimination... D. (Although Cosette's wedding dress HAD pink... but I don't think it was all pink so I'm going with d.)

    5. d, red.

    6. a. I've seen Emma so many times I couldn't possibly have missed that, haha.

    7. Ooh, I watched a clip of this but I don't remember. Mmm... c.

    8. a. (25% chance again. :P)

    9. Haha. A.

    10. B, I thiiiink.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok here it goes...

    #1 a) Lady Grantham insulted Isobel Crawley and really, it was hilarious beyond measure.

    #2 d) A rabbit

    #3 I've never seen it but I'll guess d)Cashmere

    #4 a) Cosette, Les Miserables 2012

    #5 d) Red

    #6 a) Emma 2009

    #7 b) A cold.

    #8 I've never seen or heard of this before so I'll make a random guess a) A scarf.

    #9 I'll never forget this movie! a) He sinks in a mud puddle and doesn't really seem to care about it.

    #10 b) A green dress with gold gloves and feathers in her hair.

    Thank you for hosting this! It was really rather fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some of these will be tough! Here it goes...
    1. Can't decide between A or D! I'll go with A though.
    2. D
    3. I'm going to go with C
    4. A
    5. What?? I'll have to go with D. I need to watch that movie again.
    6. A
    7. C
    8. D
    9. Its been years since I've seen this! Is Carver the horrible guy that wanted to marry Lorna? If it is, I don't remember him committing suicide. I thought he fell in quicksand. But out of the options I'll have to go with B. Why did you write that short phrase after C?
    10. B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, yay! :-D I don't know many of these, but I'll try my hand at it...I always do. ;-P Oh, and before we start let me just say LOOK IT'S PAUL MCGANN!!!
    #1. d. Just because it made me smile. :-D
    #2. A rabbit, wasn't it? Because old Benedict, or the Prime Minister, if you'd rather, was saying something about them being in a sauce! Horrid man. :-P Yes I'll go d.
    #3. Err....I haven't seen all of it yet. Let's go b.
    #4. AAAHHH I KNOW THIS ONE! :-D It's a!
    #5. Definitely d. (You like your d's...or else I'm all wrong... ;-P)
    #6. Um....*scratches head*... it's either a or c. Let's go with a. (Betcha it's c!! That'd be just my luck. ;-P)
    #7. Awww.....maybe a?
    #8. I only saw it once....I think it was d! ;-)
    #9. That'd be a. (And isn't it freakishly true how he doesn't care?! *shudder*)
    #10. Haha....b.
    It WAS fun. DUH. ;-D
    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee! A game! I love your games, Naomi. They're so much fun! :)

    You're right, though, the rules are SO complicated. ;) Haha!

    1. a) Lady Grantham insulted Isobel Crawley and really, it was hilarious beyond measure.

    2. d) A rabbit. (It was a toss up between that and "a baby elephant painted blue and green," but I decided, after all, to go with the rabbit. Haha! ;) Seriously, though, I like the baby elephant one. It's hilarious!)

    3. b) Love letters

    4. a) Cosette, Les Miserables 2012

    5. d) Red

    6. a) Emma 2009

    7. b) A cold.

    8. d) The news that she's pregnant.

    9. c) He commits suicide by drowning himself. (We always skip the scene.)

    10. b) A green dress with gold gloves and feathers in her hair.

    Oh, dear. I just know I'm going to get some of these wrong. But I guess that's what you get with a guessing game! :)

    Thanks, Naomi! I really enjoyed your questions!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  12. You certainly have to make things hard! It is amazing those little details that we can't remember. :) I haven't watched most of these, so I can't answer them, but the ones I have watched it is pathetic what I can't remember! I am only going to make a guess on number 7. I know I saw that scene! Well, I answer D for number 7. I can't answer number 10 because I saw a picture after I saw your blog post. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Multiple choice! Then I should have a chance:)
    1.d
    2.d
    3.b
    4.d
    5.c
    6.a
    7.c
    8.c
    9.a
    10.b

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. b
    2. d
    3. b
    4. a
    5. d
    6. b
    7. b
    8. 2
    9. b
    10. b

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.