A Very Merry Tag


Abby (swell girl) at 'Lavender Spring' (swell blog) has this lovely, long Christmas-themed Advent-calender-days celebrations going on at her blog, and it includes a list of Christmassy questions! So yay, let's go and do this. (IT'S DECEMBRRRR!) (For the questions for yourself, go yonder.) (It's called 'A Very Merry Tag.' Does't that sound ridiculously adorable and cheery? GO AND FILL IT OUT yourself.)

1. Does it snow where you live around Christmas? (If it doesn't, you have my sincere sympathy.) How much? Any special snowy Christmas stories?
I accept your sincere sympathy, my girl. 
YEAH I KNOW. POOR SOUL ME. I knoww. *Weeps on shoulder* I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas, unfortunately. (Well, I remember that Christmas when I was like, five, and we went to Switzerland and had tons of sledding and snow.) It generally cold here in December, but Mr Snow isn't a regular visitor during this month. January and February see more of Mr Snow, and December does too, but not as often. However, so far this December has been very frosty, so I have a chance. *goes away singing I'm dreaming of a white Christmas


2. Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?
Real. Cuz it smells better. And it looks better. And because the world needs more trees cut down, right?

3. What is your favourite Christmas movie?
I don't really know. I've often watched The Sound of Music around Christmas, but I don't classify that as a Christmas movie. Little Woman is very Christmassy, and I loved that.

4. Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?
Home sweet home. Or in England, with Grandma and Granddad. Family.


5. What fictional/literary character would you most like to spend Christmas with?
Married couple Emma and Knightley would be lovely. They're Christmassy people. ;-)

What is your favourite Christmas song?
I have two. Well, I have millions, but my two favourites are O Holy Night and In the Bleak Midwinter. Both are deliciously beautiful and seem to give me a little sneak-peak of how beautiful heaven is going to be. And they both have gorgeous words as well as gorgeous tunes.

What is your favourite Christmas book/story (besides, ya know, the story)?
Besides, ya know, THE story. Hahah yes.
Well, I like The Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens - JUST KIDDING. I actually dislike that story. I don't get why it's a Christmas classic. 
When I was younger, every year, my mother read a short dutch story to us about these three rich boys who expected great Christmas presents. They got great Christmas presents but they weren't satisfied and just squabbled the whole Christmas morning. And then their father forced them to go and give it to this poor boy and it's just a really cute and lovely story. I love it.


Which do you prefer: multi-coloured lights or white lights? 
White. They're fancier.

What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?
This one is okay, I'm happy where I am. However, after watching Call the Midwife Christmas specials, a Christmas in the late 50's sounds divine too.

Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?
Downton Abbey Season Two Christmas Special end of story bye.

Comments

  1. Love this! Especially all the pictures! YES! Spending Christmas in the 1950s or maybe the Christmas of 1945. Emma and Mr.Knightley would probably be my pick too maybe Mr.Tilney though. One of my favorite Christmas movies is "The Christmas Candle". Has so many of my favorite actors in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr Tilney would be great too. ;-)
      Ohhh, I REALLY want to see that one!

      Delete
  2. Also, where do you find all of your pictures? Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this and shall definitely partake!! Thank you for the tip! I'm also doing an Advent Calendar type thing on my blog with a picture each day and some thoughts to go with it. Also doing 'A pause for Advent' every Sunday for about the 5th year!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never get snow on Christmas, either. *weeps in solidarity with you* I wish we did . . . snow makes everything so cozy. But nope.

    I love "A Christmas Carol"! It's creepy at times and sappy at other times, but the overall story about Scrooge's redemption is so beautiful, it just makes me really happy. And I love Tiny Tim :-)

    In general, though, I'm not really a Dickens fan--well, aside from "Pickwick," which I also love. But his other novels aren't really my thing. So I can get you not liking him much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LET US WEEP TOGETHER. I love snow tooo.
      I should try to read ACC, maybe it was the movie version we watched that put me off.
      Not a huge Dickens fan either, but I do like some of his story. (LITTLE DORRIT. THE MINISERIES IS AMAAAAZZZEEEBALS.)

      Delete
  5. Love this! The pictures are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing the tag Naomi! It was so much fun to read. I hope you have a white Christmas this year! Lovely answers, I agree with everything except I like A Christmas Carol a little, but it's not at all my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post just made my day 100x better, I love Christmasy posts <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely blog post! I hardly ever get a White Christmas either....'sighs'. Beautiful pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay so I was staring at the word "DECEMBRRRR" and thinking, she forgot the "e". Then all of a sudden, I GOT IT! You were writing "brrrr". Haha. Very clever. ;)

    Real trees. YES! The world definitely needs more trees cut down. Haha.

    You don't like A Christmas Carol? Oh, Naomi. I am SO disappointed in you. (Haha. Just kidding.) I do really like that book myself, though. My dad reads it to us every single year, so it's got all the Christmas feels for me. And like Jessica pointed out, the redemptive theme in it is SO beautiful. But, yeah. I definitely don't fault you for not liking it. It can't be everyone's cup of tea. :) (Now I'm curious, though, is it mostly A Christmas Carol you don't like, or are you not a fan of Charles Dickens in general?)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I got 'Decembrrr' from Pinterest. ;-P

      Welll, to be honest, I haven't read ACC yet (I want to!) but I've seen a really creepy movie version and was Very Put Off. But I should retry it before claiming to the world that I dislike it. ;-P I like Charles Dickens, although not as much as some other classic authors like Jane Austen. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Oh, well if you're going off of a movie version of ACC, than I really understand why you would dislike it. That is one book which is, for the most part, best left as a book, I think. Movies just get too creepy. :p

      Delete
    3. I adore A Muppet Christmas Carol... FAR Better than the CREEPY Jim Carey animated one!

      Delete
  10. This is adorable and now I really want to do this tag. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post. I need some Christmas spirit. My family is participating in a ghastly play, and that is draining me of all my normal Christmasyness. I'm not even enjoying Christmas songs anymore! That wretched play has destroyed one of my favorites. So thank you for this post. I kinda feel like stringing lights up (I also prefer white lights, but we only have colored, alas) and wrapping presents. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what is this ghastly play?!! It sounds rather unpleasant - I'm sorry it's making you not feel excited for Christmas. (Just listen to the Pentatonix album and you'll love all the Christmas songs again: I promise. :-))
      Coloured lights are gorgeous too - you should definitely start to decorate! :-)

      Delete
    2. It's called "Picture Perfect Plan." It really is dreadful. It's one of those plays that tries oh so hard to be sentimental, and is only just meaningless drivel, invoking no real enjoyment and giving no real message. It's so pointless!!!

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I love this tag! I might just have to do it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. SAAAME :( about the snow. It's tragic.
    Hey, I was going to say Emma and Knightley too...!!
    I love those songs!!! Soooo much.
    I think a 50's Christmas would be lovely too...with a red 50's dress maybe? Yeah.
    Love this!!! Merry Christmas season!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad to hear there are people in the same snow-less boat as I. :-(
      Emma and Knightley must have SOMETHING Christmassy about them! ;-)
      YEAH A RED 50'S DRESS. :-)

      Delete
  14. I love the Call the Midwife Christmas with Dr Turners wedding! FAB post! :D
    *whispers* I've fallen in Love with Dr Turner.. help

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never had a real Christmas tree before... did you know that? ;)

    I think I would choose to spend Christmas with the March family and Laurie. :D They'd be fun to spend time with any time of the year, though!!

    I don't actually go for "A Christmas Carol" story that much myself. And I like Dickens!! It was just a bit... I don't know, strange. It just didn't get me like they normally do.

    Ohh, yes, that definition of December = PERFECTION. <3 (Only it's missing my birthday. And we don't have snow. ;D)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.