Saturday, 18 March 2017

Let's replace...

small talk with Jesus talk
bucket lists with to-do lists
Henry Talbot with Matthew Crawley (:-P)
emails with letters
mirrors with windows
people with God
me with Him
my future with His Plan
smartphone screens with the word of God
instagram with photo albums
handshakes with hugs
worries with hope
self-consciousness with self-confidence
watching Youtube videos with praying
awkward silence with random jokes
timidity with strength
pride with humility
humming with singing
challenge with purpose + excitement
electricity light with sunlight
looking at the ground with looking at the stars
dreams with plans
ideas with realities
questions like 'how are you doing' with deeper questions
confusion with peace
giving up on the world with joy in God
Keira Knightley's Elizabeth Bennet with Jennifer Ehle's Elizabeth Bennet (haha okay, this one is subjective)
'meh I don't think I can' with 'well let's give it a go'
singing worship songs with worshipping by singing
negativity with positivity
hate with Love
living in the world with changing the world

Let's do this.

19 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful list, one that reads almost like a poem! (even if yes some things on it are a bit subjective haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! :-)
      I guess some are, haha. :-P

      Delete
  2. Great list! I couldn't agree more on the Elizabeth Bennet one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love these! Especially 'mirrors with windows' and 'humming with singing'. You have such a way, Naomi. Praise God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sadie! Praise God indeed!

      Delete
  4. Ya lost me with the Keira Knightley/Elizabeth Bennet one :-P

    Joke. This is a very good and inspiring list <3 I especially like "Let's replace living in the world with changing the world." YES. LET'S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally almost didn't write it down because I thought, 'Oh Jessica won't like that' haha. :-P Then I thought, 'well t'is MY BLOG.' :-P

      LET'S!!

      Delete
    2. Heehee! Well, y'know, differing opinions, and all that. It's all good. ;-)

      Delete
  5. Amen! Very good thoughts, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely inspiring, Naomi! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elanor... praise the Lord for his Love. <3

      Delete
  7. You dear girl, how DO you come up with stuff like this? Gaaaahhh! I LOVED THIS POST!! It was beautiful and inspiring and all around awesome. (And the Pride and Prejudice reference. Haha. Good one. ;))

    "me with Him"
    "my future with His plan" YES YES YEEEEES!

    The whole "awkward silence with random jokes". Ohhh! I WISH I could do that!! :D

    "singing worship songs with worshiping by singing" AMEN!

    Ach!! I'd better stop before I end up quoting your entire post back to you. Haha. But really, Naomi. This was SO good. Thank you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you liked it!
      Thank you for your lovely comment. :-)

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful thoughts!!
    I think I don't understand one or two things, but in general I saw your view.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely list Naomi!

    Sorry for my late comment, life has been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Whoop! Whoop! Making my way up the blog posts!! I still feel like I come from another century, haha. Oh well, I don't expect to be going away for a very long time now.)

    *nearly tears up * YES AND AMEN to every single one of these! I totally could have written these (only much more poorly) because HECK YES to every single one. (Ok, if I'm 100% honest, I'd skip two - the Matthew Crawley one (I'm not familiar with either gentlemen) and the Elizabeth Bennet one (I don't feel as strongly on that subject as you ;P).) But seriously, you HIT. THE. NAIL. ON. THE. NAIL'S. HEAD. (I overuse that phrase, so I had to change it a little bit. :P)

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the best lists ever! Nicely said!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.