Jesus wants you.


Hey reader. Here's a 100£ bill.

You'd take it, right?
You'd take it if I licked it. It's still worth 100£.
You'd take it if I crumpled it up. It's still worth 100£.
You'd take it if I tore it a little here and there. It's still worth 100£.
You'd take it if it was dusty. Still worth 100£.
You'd take it if it was smeared with mud. Still 100£.
You'd take it, right?

Jesus died for you.

God'll take us if we're ugly. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we're messed up. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we have a past filled with sin. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we sinned five minutes ago. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we sin five minutes later. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we lie, cheat, kill. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we work for his enemy, the devil. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we hate Him. He still died for you.
God'll take us if we kill Him. Which is what we did, because of our sins. 
But He still gladly died. For you.

Jesus wants you.

He'll clean you.
He'll fix your tares.
He'll dry your tears.
He'll dust you off.
He'll smooth out your creases.
He'll help you and change your life.
He'll take you.

Jesus wants you. Every day, again and again, He wants the whole of you.
Jesus loves you.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for this, Naomi. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really true and encouraging Thank you Naomi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feeling of that you wrote.
    I love thinking about He loves me first.
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I--I--I just--THANK YOU!!!
    Some days I really need that, and today is one of them.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. This is beautiful!

    I had heard something similar to the first part of your poem. Instead of 100 pound bill, the example had a 100 dollar bill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post, Naomi! I love it so much I sent it to my mom, who also loved it. :) this is a wonderful illustration. Thank you for the reminder. :) It's a good thing Jesus wants us even with our problems and messes; otherwise we'd be in trouble.
    Praise you, Lord. <3
    -Amaris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't know whether to cry or laugh. Can't decide if I want to smile or bawl. Just when I'm tired and sick and feeling down God sends someone to blow me out of my misery with a word of love.
    How does He do it, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY.

    <33333333333333333333333333333333333

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so simply and beautifully explained. LOVE this <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so true! Beautiful. <3

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.