THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS SUMMER

(Pictures from a friend. Do not steal.)

This summer seemed ages and seconds. Somehow that works. This summer was exciting and filled with memories. This summer was bonfires and smores and friends from youth group. This summer was the summer I got whatsapp - still contemplating whether that was a good thing. This summer was saying goodbye to my family for little week trips on my own. This summer I felt sort of grown up. I don't think I'll ever feel really grown-up and that's 100% ok with me. This summer I read the New Testament. This summer I volunteered at two places and made the best friends. This summer I experienced FOMO (fear of missing out) but that's okay; it taught me things. This summer I visited Highclere Castle and went inside where the Crawley family live and basically freaked out. This summer I tried root beer floats for the first time. Someone filmed me drink it because 'British girl tries American drink' is capture-worthy. I watched my first action movie and hated it. I watched The Young Victoria again and I loved it. I saw a Period Drama costume in person (and touched it haha) (this outfit) and I walked in streets where Jane Austen once walked. And I drove past the house she was born in. And I just missed meeting Adrian Lukis (actor who played Mr Wickham in P&P95) because he was going to come to Bath just the day after I was there. Excellent timing. This summer was inside jokes and craving to know God deeper and deeper. This summer was seeing prayer in a new light. This summer was feeling loved and loving people. This summer was getting a reputation for my puns. This summer was a blessing. Of course, there were boring and uneventful and less fun days (d u h) but the thing is, I can barely remember them because the good ones were that good.

Thank you. I don't know why I'm saying thank you on the blog, but I'm just so thankful for this summer. *insert title here like 100 times*

(pics by me or a friend)

11 comments:

  1. *siiigh*


    This was SO beautiful!!! I can't WAIT for my summer! (I don't have as many cool things as you had planned, but y'know, I think there'll be enough to keep me happy, haha. XD A couple weddings involving siblings and close friends, a sibling's 21st birthday party, a long weekend camping trip with young adults, I'm scheming up an ice cream party for MY birthday etc... getting pumped just thinking about it!!!)

    Also, this post made me want to come and visit you SO badly. Like, can I just be there. Right now. Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gabby we totally need to both go visit!!!!

      Delete
  2. Awww. Your summer sounds like it was absolutely wonderful, Naomi! And you got to visit Highclere Castle! Hurray! I know you've been wanting to visit there for a while. :D

    I know what you mean about feeling sort of grown up, but not sure you'll ever feel really grown up. Ditto. ;)

    The pictures are lovely! So glad you have friends to do fun things with!! :D

    Hope the rest of your year is wonderful, too! *hugs*

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! Sounds like you had such a fun summer. (I'm a bit jealous because I so want to visit Highclere!)

    I'm really curious, though...how did you like the root beer float? (I had never really though of them as distinctly American. I myself strongly dislike root beer in general.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, the root beer float I had was good, but not my favourite drink. :-)
      (Well, my friends said it was distinctly American. Heehee. :-))

      Delete
  4. Wait, you did what?! You went to England and saw all that?! Okay, is all this documented on your blog? If so, I think this summer was a bad time for me to be too busy to blog. So...tell me which blog posts to read if so!
    (That aside, your summer sounds pretty marvellous!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this is the only blog post I wrote about Highclere Castle and Bath. (One does not want to boast. :-P) You haven't missed anything!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great summer. I'm glad <3

    Sorry we couldn't convert you to a Marvel fan . . . :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so beautiful... That summer sounds amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooow. Your summer sounds like it was AMAZING. Honestly, I'm a little bit jealous. ;) But I'm also super duper happy you had such a wonderful summer. <3

    Your photos are absolutely beautiful. And that last one--is that in Bath? Persuasion 07 has a scene in front of those buildings. :D

    You almost met Mr. Wickham whaaaaat.

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.