My Life in Books (Tag)


Hannah from Books, Cameras and Succulents (adorable blog name, by the way) tagged me with the My Life in Books Tag! Thank you girl, this looks just like the kind of blog post I will make time for on a Sunday morning. 

The picture above is, indeed, a picture of my own dear bookcase. And indeed, it is decked with coloured fairy lights because, indeed, it is now December and indeed, it will be Christmas in no less than three weeks. And indeed, that fact makes me happy indeed. Indeed. (I do not know why I am using that word so much. It is just a fun word to write and hear inside my brain. It is like the words 'What-ho' and 'crumbs' and 'dude'; once you say them once you like to put them all over the place in your daily vocabulary. At least, for me. I cannot speak for you. Indeed.)

OK BACK TO THE LIFE IN BOOKS TAG.

Find a book for each of your initials.
Is this a crafty little way to find out the first letter of my last name? Cruel! Haha, just kidding; what is in a letter, I'll be fine. A P could stand for Parkinson, Pratt, Pendleton and hundreds of others. I shall leave it up to your imagination and hope that you will not guess.
N - Northanger Abbey
S - Sense and Sensibility
P - Pride and Prejudice (oh yas)
(Dude, my initials in Jane Austen books. Never have I been more proud to be called Naomi Sarah Pringlelingle.)

Count your age along your bookshelf. What book is it?
The eighteenth book on my top bookshelf (which I consider 'the first bookshelf' for some reason) is 'The Luckiest Girl in School' by Angela Brazil. Would not recommend; it is not very interesting. :-P

Pick a book set in your country.
The only book I have that is set in Belgium is Valentine Joe and it's beautiful ahhh. It's very unrealistic and yes two teens fall in love but I love it so much. It's about WW1. And it's set in Belgium.

Pick a book that represents a destination you'd love to travel to.
Any book by Lucy Maud Montgomery, but especially Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Rilla of Ingleside, The Story Girl, The Golden Road, the Blue castle and all the other ones.

Pick a book that is your favourite colour.
It is Christmas season so currently I'm all about colour of deep red. I have the beautifullest copy of Great Expectations in that red. You should come over to my house to admire it. I shall serve you tea and biscuits on top of it. Do not say that is not tempting.

Which book do you have fondest memories of?
My mum reading Anne of Green Gables ahhhhhhhhhh. THAT BOOK WAS MY FAVOURITE SOURCE OF PLEASURE. Those evenings when my mum read that aloud to us first were a little bit of story magic to me. I also have good memories of discovering other LMM books, especially The Story Girl and The Golden Road - I LOVED those - and of course I have tons of good memories rereading the Little House books over and over.

Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
On my bookshelf? Probably those boring Amish fiction sagas which I haven't finished yet and I got it for my fourteenth birthday. :-P

Which book on your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you read it?
A Charles Dickens book. I still haven't read any properly to my satisfaction.

OK, I have to go now and my questions are finished so I shall say adieu. Hope you are all fine and dandy and I hope you don't forget to give Jesus priority today. Have a blessed week!

(Indeed.)

16 comments:

  1. Oh, indeed, this post was delightful. <3 ;)

    Naomi Sarah Pringlelingle! I can't believe you revealed your name on your blog!!! :O

    .....

    :P

    (That made me snort.
    (Not me.)
    (You.)
    (What you said.)

    Yes, you really MUST read a Charles Dickens book, Naomi. It really IS shameful.

    This looks like it would be fun to do... unfortunately I don't have time right now, but maybe I'll come back here and do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm going to pop in and do the tag now! :D

      Find a book for each of your initials.
      G- Does the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society count? Otherwise "Great Expectations" or "Good Wives". :D
      J- Eh... how about "JONI" - the autobiography of Joni Eareckson Tada.
      A- "An Old-fashioned Girl" by L.M. Montergomery.

      Count your age along your bookshelf. What book is it?
      That would be "Mildred at Roselands" by Martha Finley. I feel like I'm getting too old for those books. :P

      Pick a book set in your country.
      Ooohh! Cool... um... let's go with "The squatter-man" by Merle Cazarly. That and "Riding for Gold" were some of my favourite reads when I was around 13. (Also, I'm just presuming you know what a squatter-man is. :P I don't know if they're "a thing" in Belgium, haha.)

      Pick a book that represents a destination you'd love to travel to.
      Definitely "Soul Surfer" by Bethany Hamilton - I'd LOVE to go to Hawaii!

      Pick a book that is your favourite colour.
      "Life Without Limits" by Nick Vujicic is a vibrant blue. <3

      Which book do you have fondest memories of?
      Probably the Lord of the Rings series... my sisters and I read them together and I've read them so many times, and I always love them immensely. <3

      Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
      Haha, um... "A Little Bush Maid" (an insignificant Australian book) was SSSOOO BORING AND SLOW AND I THINK THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE ONLY BOOK I'VE NEVER FINISHED. Also, "Swiss Family Robinson" was a little tough-going in places, just because it was like reading an encyclopedia.

      Which book on your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you read it?
      LES MISERABLES!!! DEFINITELY. But I know I have to read it at some point!

      This was fun. *grins*

      Delete
  2. You know, I think I shall read Valentine Joe. I may hate it for being unrealistic, but YA NEVER KNOW UNTIL YA TRY. Ammirite?

    (Indeed.)

    :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a YA book (so quite an easy read), but yes you would love it, I know you would. :-)

      Delete
    2. Then I'll definitely check it out! :D

      Delete
  3. I love this post!! SUCH a good tag idea! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was great! <3 I love love love your bookshelf! And how it's arranged by color. Do you ever arrange your books in any other order? I would so love to adopt this tag, but I have 2 book tags already sitting in my drafts. Oh, to heck with it. I shall try to do them all sometime. // Give me some time / I'll be twice as good as that / six months from NEVER! // I would also love to PEI and Canada in general.

    Thank you for the reminder! <3 God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had it arranged in colour for a long time now. I like it too much to change it. :-)
      Loving the Newsie lyrics girl. :-)

      Delete
  5. Pirate! Potluck! Preposterous! PettingZoo! Pastry! Were any of those your last name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your bookshelf is darling!

    I would love to travel to anywhere in Montgomery's books, too (of course).

    Ugh, yes, Dickens for me too. I've read Little Dorrit but Bleak House is next on my list and...I just...I try. :D

    Loved reading this! Such a fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a lovely version of Great Expectations! I will have to come see it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON ALL YOUR POSTS! YES!

    I've been ridiculously busy this summer and I'm going through all the blogs I follow and catching up on them, for I have shamefully let myself slip. Can I just say that I really, really, really enjoyed my trek through your latest posts (especially Days to Remember). Reading your blog is like coming home again. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can write your initials with Jane Austen books!!! You are indeed a true fan. ;)
    (see what I did there?)

    I'll be sure to address my Christmas card to Naomi Sarah Pringlelingle this year; I'm sorry to find I've been addressing it wrong. :P

    DON'T TEMPT ME, I MAY JUST BUY A PLANE TICKET AND COME TOMORROW.

    These questions were so fun, and of course your witty commentary made them even more so. :D I enjoyed this post a lot, Naomi! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurrah for Naomi Sarah Pringlelingle!! She does write such awesome blog posts!! (And she does come up with such awesome names, too. Heehee. ;))

    I love how you wrote your initials in Jane Austen. That was great!

    Read David Copperfield!! It's SO good!! :)

    Love the colorfulness of this post!! It's so adorable. <3 <3 Adorable INDEED! :D

    ReplyDelete

Leaving me a comment is like walking by my house and dropping a little note in the post-box. I mean, it's really nice of you. So thanks.